Monday, May 4, 2015

P52~weeks 16 and 17

We've had a busy couple of weeks...so we need to play a little catch up here on the blog and around the house!!!  It's amazing how quickly things can pile up when you are constantly running in different directions!!!  Wow!!

SO......P52...
Week 16 was Street Photography.  This genre is typically candid and tries to capture the human experience.  Ekkkkkk!!!  This was going to be a little out of my comfort zone.  I was imagining trying to photograph some people I don't know while they aren't looking.  Sounds creepy to me.  Some photographers are amazing at capturing this kind of thing.  Once I stopped to think about how I was going to accomplish this....it came to me!!  We will go get some ice cream (that helps everything, right?!?!)  So I took Katie and her friend to our town ice cream shoppe.  The challenge was for them to NOT look at the camera and smile!!!  Eh...we went with it!!!  I'm pretty happy with the results.  I tried a black and with also.





Week 17 was Food Photography...I went with fruit....something healthy!!!  I was thinking if I opted for chocolate all I want to do is eat it!!!  I saw this photo in a previous week in the P52 forum and thought I'd give it a try.  I used a rectangular vase, some toothpicks to hang the slice of orange, tonic water and different pieces of scrapbook paper.  I think the crispness of the photo would have been better if I was using a macro lens but that is still on my wish list ;)   This was pretty fun!!!  Once you have the fruit and tonic water all set you can click away and change out the background as much as you want!!!  And you can see I did just that!!







Stay tuned for week 18...



No comments: