Thursday, January 29, 2015

P52~Week 4

The theme for this week was Sign of the Times.  Photograph something that you think won't be the same 10-20 years from now.  My mind instantly went to my kids.  In 10 years they won't be KIDS anymore...gulp!!!  As much as they can drive my crazy I love being their mom and all the things that come with it.
My thought process with this photo went through a few different options.  First, I thought of having them sit on their beds engrossed in their iPhones and I could use a wide angle lens to get them both in the shot.  I tried that and it didn't look great.  Then, I thought of taking individual shots of them on their beds with their iPhones and making one photos from 2.  I really wanted to incorporate their rooms in the photo...but I wanted one photo not 2 looking like one.  Then...I thought about how much I love the glow of electronics on faces at night!!!  We all spent quite a bit of time in our living room hanging out during the snowstorm this week...so while they were both sitting on the couch (with their iPhones of course) I had them sit together in the middle of the couch and there you have it!!!  They were giggling because they thought it was funny that they were just looking at the home screen while I was taking the picture.  I know one day (many days) I will miss them sitting on our couch hanging out during a snowstorm.  One day I will miss saying, "Hey, can you put your phone down for a while?"  Some days I feel like that is all I say.  A Sign of the Times I guess!!


It's darn cold out there...stay warm!!!


No comments: